The 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera and Carrera S Service Information is not intended as a reference for repairs or for the diagnosis of technical problems.
The 911 generation is available with two different engines. The 3.4-liter flat-six engine of the Carrera delivers 350 hp and has a top speed of 179 mph (289 km/h). A regenerative brake system, demand-controlled auxiliary units, a coasting function (rolling without engine power) and Auto Start-Stop contribute to reduced fuel consumption. The new 7-speed transmission has been a significant contributing factor here. The Carrera S reaches a top speed of 188 mph (302 km/h) with its 400-hp 3.8-liter engine.
In addition to the higher engine speeds for both engine variants, the new roll stabilization system and the dynamic engine mountings, which are available with the Sport Chrono package, have played a major role in reducing the lap time on the Nordschleife with the Carrera S by 13 seconds to 7 minutes and 40 seconds. A high level of qualification throughout the entire AfterSales organization is essential to meet the high expectations of Porsche customers, in spite of the ever-increasing complexity of the technology used in the vehicles and the growing number of different variants.
Porsche Service Training Team
DOWNLOAD: 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera Service Information
This Manual is Locked
Please create a FREE ACCOUNT to Continue Reading or Download!
- Download 2010-2014 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring Repair Manual
- Download 2008-2010 Toyota Scion xD Repair Manual.
- 2015-2016 Ford Ranger PX MKII Service Repair Manual
- Download 2014-2018 Lexus LX570 / LX460 Wiring Diagrams.
- Download 2006-2010 Chevrolet Captiva Service Repair Manual.
- 2010-2012 Honda CR-Z, OEM Repair Manual (PDF).
- Download 2011-2017 Kia Rio Repair Manual
- Download 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Repair Service Manual