This is the original 2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Dismantling Manual, GVU58 Series in a simple PDF file format. Please note that this is NOT a service and repair manual. You can download the electrical wiring diagrams from here.
2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Dismantling Manual, GVU58 Series
This guide was developed to educate and assist dismantlers in the safe handling of Toyota HIGHLANDER Hybrid gasoline-electric hybrid vehicles. HIGHLANDER Hybrid dismantling procedures are similar to other non-hybrid Toyota vehicles with the exception of the high voltage electrical system. It is important to recognize and understand the high voltage electrical system features and specifications of the Toyota HIGHLANDER Hybrid, as they may not be familiar to dismantlers.
High voltage electricity powers the electric motors, generator, air conditioning (A/C) compressor and inverter/converter. All other automotive electrical devices such as the headlights, radio and gauges are powered from a separate 12 Volts auxiliary battery. Numerous safeguards have been designed into the HIGHLANDER Hybrid to help ensure the high voltage, approximately 288 Volts, Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) Hybrid Vehicle (HV) battery pack is kept safe and secure in an accident.
The NiMH HV battery pack contains sealed batteries that are similar to rechargeable batteries used in some battery-operated power tools and other consumer products. The electrolyte is absorbed in the cell plates and will not normally leak out even if the battery is cracked. In the unlikely event, the electrolyte does leak, it can be easily neutralized with a dilute boric acid solution or vinegar. High voltage cables, identifiable by orange insulation and connectors, are isolated from the metal chassis of the vehicle.
Additional topics contained in the guide include:
- Toyota HIGHLANDER Hybrid identification.
- Major hybrid component locations and descriptions.
By following the information in this guide, dismantlers will be able to handle HIGHLANDER Hybrid hybrid-electric vehicles as safely as the dismantling of a conventional non-hybrid automobile.
|File Size||3.3 MB|
|Delivery Method||Free Instant Download|
- Download 2009-2010 Toyota 4Runner Repair Manual.
- Download 2006 Toyota 4Runner Repair Manual.
- Download 2008-2010 Toyota Scion xD Repair Manual.
- Download 2004-2006 Toyota Scion xA Repair Manual.
- Download 2008-2011 Lexus RX450h Hybrid Service Repair Manual.
- Download 2012-2015 Lexus RX450h Hybrid Wiring Diagrams.
- Download 2014-2018 Lexus LX570 / LX460 Wiring Diagrams.
- Download 2008-2014 Lexus LS460 | LS460L Wiring Diagrams.
- Download 2007-2009 Lexus IS300 IS250 Repair Manual.
- Download 2006-2011 Lexus GS430 Service Repair Manual.
Download: 2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Dismantling Manual
This Manual is Locked
Please create a FREE ACCOUNT to Continue Reading or Download!