Free 2004 Volvo S40 Wiring Diagrams
This is the original OEM electrical workshop document for the 2004 Volvo S40 wiring diagram and Volvo V50 wiring diagram in a simple PDF format.
- This EWD (Electrical Wiring Diagrams) service manual is used in the inspection and repair of the electrical circuits for the Volvo S40. It provides information on the electrical circuits installed on vehicles by dividing them into a circuit for each system.
- The actual wiring of each system circuit is shown from the point where the power source is received from the battery as far as each ground point. (All circuit diagrams are shown with the switches in the OFF position.)
- When troubleshooting any problem, first understand the operation of the circuit where the problem was detected (see System Circuit section), the power source supplying power to that circuit (see Power Source section), and the ground points (see Ground Point section). See the System Outline to understand the circuit operation.
- When the circuit operation is understood, begin troubleshooting of the problem circuit to isolate the cause. Use Relay Location and Electrical Wiring Routing sections to find each part, junction block and wiring harness connectors, wiring harness and wiring harness connectors and ground points of each system circuit. Internal wiring for each junction block is also provided for a better understanding of the connection within a junction block.
- Wiring related to the separate system is indicated in each system circuit by arrows (from___, to_). When overall connections are required, see the Overall Electrical Wiring Diagram at the end of the manual.
This manual includes the procedures for maintenance, disassembling, reassembling, inspection, and adjustment of components and diagnostics for the guidance of experienced mechanics. Please use this manual to ensure complete repair work to keep your vehicle in optimum condition. When replacement parts during repair work are needed, be sure to use genuine OEM parts.
CONTENTS: 2004 Volvo S40 Wiring Diagram
CAUTION: Please note that this manual is made for the use of persons who have special techniques and certifications. If non-specialized or uncertified technicians perform repairs or services only using this manual or without proper equipment or tools, this may cause severe injury to you or other persons nearby and also cause damage to your vehicle. In order to prevent dangerous operations and damage to your vehicle, please be sure to follow the instructions thoroughly.